Latest detailed Phu Quoc travel experience in 2024
It is not for nothing that Phu Quoc is known as the “pearl island” of Vietnam. This place owns the most attractive beaches in the world, has diverse nature and stops rich in local culture. If you are planning a trip to Phu Quoc in 2024, don’t hesitate to save the Phu Quoc travel experiences below and a wonderful trip is waiting for you to enjoy!
Overview of Phu Quoc island
Phu Quoc is an island located at the Southernmost tip of Vietnam,
administratively located in Kien Giang province, located in the Gulf of Thailand.
For a long time, Phu Quoc has been known as one of the famous touris
t destinations in Southern Vietnam that any tourist should visit.
Phu Quoc’s coastline is more than 150km long,
stretching from the North of the island to the South of the Island.
In addition, throughout your trip to Phu Quoc,
you will see with your own eyes nearly 100 primeval mountains and hills with extremely rich flora and fauna.
Besides the diverse ecosystem, when traveling to Phu Quoc,
you will also have the opportunity to participate in wonderful fun activities with very unique experiences at Vin Wonders Phu Quoc tourist area.
If you still have time, you can buy a cable car ticket to Sun World Hon Thom to experience other tourist activities.
Which season is best to travel to Phu Quoc?
According to many people with experience traveling to Phu Quoc,
to choose the most convenient time to travel, you need to clearly understand the weather and climate characteristics of Phu Quoc. Located in the Southern region of Vietnam, Phu Quoc island has a distinct tropical monsoon climate. Phu Quoc’s weather is divided into two seasons: rainy season and dry season:
- Dry season in Phu Quoc: the dry season here lasts from November to around April of the following year. At this time, Phu Quoc’s weather is sunny, little rain, and the climate is pleasant. Therefore, the dry season is the most suitable time to travel to Phu Quoc
- Rainy season in Phu Quoc: from May to October. At this time, Phu Quoc’s weather is prone to moderate and heavy rains.If you travel to Phu Quoc at this time by boat, you will likely encounter large waves, significantly affecting your trip. Therefore, if you choose to travel to Phu Quoc in the rainy season, you can consider choosing destinations in the North of the island such as Bai Dai or Bai Dat Do in the South of the island.
One thing to note about the convenient time to travel to Phu Quoc is that
when entering the changing season (November), Phu Quoc also has many fluctuations and erratic changes.
Therefore, before traveling to Phu Quoc, you need to consult the weather forecast and choose appropriate equipment to facilitate the trip.
What to prepare for a trip to Phu Quoc
To make your trip to Phu Quoc go smoothly, you need to prepare the relevant and necessary items below.
- Identification documents: not only when traveling to Phu Quoc, but also when going anywhere, you also need to bring identification documents to check in at the airport, hotel or other means of transportation. In addition, bringing identification documents is also a precaution in case unexpected things happen during your trip.
- Clothing: Due to the nature of your trip to Phu Quoc, which is a long-day trip and a resort, you should wear clothes that promote comfort and convenience when traveling. In addition, if you intend to visit solemn religious sites, you should bring long pants or a jacket that covers your shoulders.
- Personal items: Some indispensable personal items when traveling to Phu Quoc include masks, hand sanitizer, sunglasses, camera, sunscreen, cash…
How to travel to Phu Quoc?
Travel to Phu Quoc by plane
As a rare island that owns its own airport, the most convenient and time-saving travel to Phu Quoc is always by plane. Most domestic airlines, from major cities around the world, have flights to Phu Quoc.
Travel by bus and train (ferry)
For those traveling to Phu Quoc from the southern provinces of Vietnam, you can experience the feeling of riding a high-speed train. First you will have to take a bus from the city. HCM to Rach Gia or Ha Tien. The journey will take about 9 hours, ticket price 160,000 – 190,000 VND / trip. There are popular car brands such as Hoang Minh, Lien Hung, Kumho Samco.
Means of transportation in Phu Quoc
Once you have moved to Phu Quoc, the next thing you need to do is find your own means of transportation on Phu Quoc island.
- Motorbike: Once you arrive in Phu Quoc, you can rent a motorbike to move between attractions for 120,000 – 150,000 VND / motorbike / day. This is the choice of those who have experience traveling to Phu Quoc. You can ask to rent right at hotels in Phu Quoc or rent directly from rental units. A special thing here is that there is no parking lot, and Phu Quoc people even leave their car keys in the car without anyone looking at them. People say that there are no car thieves here (because the island is quite small), so they often tell tourists that they can do that if they like.
- Taxi: tourist destinations in Phu Quoc are quite far apart due to the large island area, so for large groups, you can choose a taxi for convenience.
- Car: A more economical choice than a taxi is to rent a self-driving car for 600,000 – 800,000 VND/car/day.
Where to go for the most complete trip to Phu Quoc?
Duong Dong town area
As the central area of the vast pearl island, Duong Dong town is full of entertainment activities and the most vibrant tourist destination.
Many favorable factors make Bai Truong always the busiest beach in Phu Quoc. Bai Truong beach stretches for more than 20 km and is divided into many different small beaches,
attracting both tourists and locals with its wide sandy shore and cool green coconut rows.
It seems that every time you come to Bai Truong, you will have enough food and entertainment:
from sports activities on the beach, restaurants serving close to the beach, to even massage services for you to relax right in the sound of crashing waves.
In particular, because it is located in the southwest of the island, Bai Truong is also ranked as one of the most ideal places to watch the sunset on the island.
Duong Dong Market
This market located right next to the seaport named Duong Dong is the largest market in Phu Quoc. This place focuses on fresh seafood and delicious dishes that are always enough to satisfy your stomach. And according to many experiences in Phu Quoc,
Duong Dong market is a suitable place for you to buy some Phu Quoc specialties such as fish sauce, dried fish with sim wine… as gifts for relatives.
Dinh Cau Temple
As one of the two most sacred pagodas and temples on the island,
Dinh Cau Temple is where coastal people pray for safe sea voyages and a favorable life.
The special feature of this Dinh Cau temple is that it is strangely located on an independent rocky
cliff right at Dinh Cau’s cape, stretching out to listen to the sound of ocean waves, and hidden under a cool, dense ancient tree.
Dinh Cau night market
If Duong Dong market is the busiest market during the day, no place can compare to the vibrant atmosphere at night of Dinh Cau night market. The night market is mainly a place for tourists to hang out after a day of exploring.
A visit to the night market will certainly not be complete if you do not enjoy the fragrant grilled seafood right at the market,
and end the evening with familiar snacks such as sticky bananas and grilled sweet potatoes.
The market also sells some interesting souvenirs such as small pearl items, suitable for buying as gifts.