Top 9 Ha Long travel experiences 2 days 1 night
Ha Long Bay – a world natural heritage area famous for its beautiful beaches, tourist areas, historical relics,… and is increasingly known by domestic and foreign tourists. However, if you only have a short amount of time to visit Ha Long Bay, what will you need? The following article is the experience of traveling to Ha Long 2 days 1 night that Travel Vivu wants to send to readers so that you can have the most wonderful trip.
Although it is a beautiful landscape, traveling to Ha Long Bay is not always convenient. Ha Long Bay is a place with climate and weather with 4 distinct seasons. Therefore, any season of the year is an ideal time to travel to Ha Long.
For the majority of Vietnamese tourists, the ideal time to travel to Ha Long is in the summer, preferably from March to May and from August to October. You should limit traveling in the months of June, July for reasons such as peak month, high service prices, or storms. In the winter months, Ha Long Bay is very cold. In the spring months, it is also the peak time for tourism, the number of tourists is very large, which sometimes makes you feel uncomfortable and stuffy.
Each season here has its own beauty. In summer, you come to Ha Long to swim and sunbathe, while spring and autumn are cool and suitable to see a less noisy Ha Long and participate in outdoor activities. Explore entertainment areas.
Prepare your luggage
What will you prepare for a short 2 days 1 night trip? Of course, you should not bring too much bulky or heavy furniture, you should only bring what is absolutely necessary. If you focus on your teeth and hair, items such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, and conditioner are indispensable.
If you like to admire nature outdoors, sunscreen, sunglasses, and wide-brimmed hats will make it easier for you. It is obvious that clothes, towels, facial towels, and paper towels are indispensable.
When going swimming, a swimsuit is a very important item. If you don’t have time to equip it, you can rent it at the beach for 25,000 VND – 50,000 VND depending on the type. In addition, you should also have some medications on hand such as pain relievers, motion sickness medications, stomachache medications, etc. to use when necessary.
And it’s better to bring a digital camera or phone to take photos or record memorable moments and beautiful scenes during this exciting trip to Ha Long Bay.
Route and means of transportation
There are many ways for you to choose depending on your preferences and conditions. From Ho Chi Minh City, you can take the train to Hanoi and then take a bus to Ha Long city or take a bus all the way from Ho Chi Minh City – Hai Phong and then continue to Ha Long. To save time, you can fly from Ho Chi Minh City to Hai Phong or go to Hanoi and then drive to Ha Long.
To get from Hanoi to Ha Long, you can go by the following means:
- Car: cars to Ha Long usually gather at My Dinh and Luong Yen bus stations, the first trip departs at 6:00 a.m. and the last trip at 5:00 p.m. Trips are 5-15 minutes apart to Bai Chay bus station in Ha Long.
Traveling to Ha Long by motorbike: from Hanoi to Ha Long you can follow 2 routes: From Hanoi follow road 5 to Sai Dong junction, you go to Bac Ninh, from Bac Ninh follow road 18 through Pha Lai – Chi Linh – Dong Trieu – Uong Bi – Ha Long. Total route is about 155km. Or Noi Bai airport – Bac Ninh – National Highway 18A via Pha Lai – Sao Do – Dong Trieu – Uong Bi – Ha Long about 160km.
- Ticket price from Hanoi to Ha Long is about 60,000 VND (by bus). The average price of a motorbike taxi from the bus station to Bai Chay tourist area is 15,000 VND per person. If you go to Hon Gai, you can lose 40,000 VND per person. You should take a taxi if the group is of 3 or more people. For buses from the bus station to Bai Chay or Hon Gai, the highest price is 5,000 VND per person.
Ticket price from Hanoi to Ha Long is about 60,000 VND (by bus) or 160,000 VND (by car). The average price of a motorbike taxi from the bus station to Bai Chay tourist area is 15,000 VND per person. If you go to Hon Gai, you can lose 40,000 VND per person. You should take a taxi if the group is of 3 or more people. For buses from the bus station to Bai Chay or Hon Gai, the highest price is 10,000 VND per person.
Cheap hotels in Ha Long
Ha Long has many hotels located in tourist areas. Experience booking hotels in Ha Long is that you should go early in the week or midweek to avoid high room prices, because on weekends it is often crowded so prices will increase. For convenience of traveling and eating, you should rent a hotel in the Bai Chay area.
Accommodation options in Ha Long are very diverse, including budget hotels, resorts, homestays, motels or cruise ships from high-end to affordable. Rental prices range from a few hundred thousand to a few million VND. Motels and hotels are concentrated mainly in Vuon Dao neighborhood, where room prices range from 250,000 VND or more. Furthermore, around this area there are many restaurants, many delicious eateries with relative prices. reasonable.
Some cheap hotel addresses: Ha Long Plaza (No. 08 Ha Long Street), Ha Long Dream (No. 10 Ha Long Street), Mithrin (Hung Thang Street), Ha Long Pearl (Bai Chay); Ha Long Bay (Ha Long street), Bach Dang (No. 02 Ha Long), Bai Chay Trade Union (Ha Long street), Moon Light (Hung Thang street),…
Nowadays, Ha Long tours with overnight stays on the Bay are chosen by many Vietnamese tourists, an exciting feeling if you spend a night on a cruise ship with many activities such as going to the rooftop of the cruise ship to admire the wonderful scenery of Ha Long. beautiful at sunrise or sunset, participate in kayaking, swimming in the bay, sing karaoke, squid fishing at night,…
Overnight tours on the bay can last 2 days 1 night or 3 days 2 nights depending on each cruise’s itinerary. 3-star cruises such as V’spirit, Majestic, Calypso, Halong Sails, Oriental Sails, Glory,… price for 2-day cruise from 2,000,000 VND or more, including all shuttle services Hanoi – Ha Long, 3 meals, scenic tickets,…
If you want to choose a beautiful, cheap, well-serviced yacht in Ha Long, you may be interested in some of the options below:
- Party Cruise Ha Long has the lowest price of 120 USD, has 11 rooms with breakfast, karaoke, and good furniture. Very popular with foreign tourists.
- Royal Cruise Ship: lowest price 160 USD, has karaoke, massage, includes breakfast, has 12 rooms with great interiors.
- Paloma Cruise Ha Long: super grand, modern 4-star standard with full amenities: Spa, massage, sauna, sauna, children’s play area, very spacious, beautiful and comfortable. Delicious food, friendly service and average price around 150 USD.
In addition, on Ha Long Bay there are many cruise ships with 4 to 5 star class such as Au Co, Bhaya, Emeraude, Paradise, Starlight cruises, etc. You can contact travel agencies to get the best prices. Especially in the summer, many cruise ships apply promotional policies for Vietnamese guests.
Places to eat when traveling to Ha Long
Ha Long Bay is a world heritage site with natural beauty that attracts domestic and foreign tourists. The bay has thousands of large and small limestone islands of all shapes scattered throughout, creating a majestic and different scene from the rest of the world. With only 2 short days and 1 night, you should choose famous tourist attractions near where you live, places that are considered representative, typical of the beauty of the entire Ha Long tourist area.
Some places chosen by many people for your reference:
- Vuon Dao is home to many mini hotels and motels, with affordable prices ranging from 150,000 – 250,000 VND/room. The surrounding eateries are also very rich and diverse with affordable prices. You can freely choose hotels and restaurants, consider and bargain. Along the coastal road, there are many 3-star hotels, priced from 40 USD or more. On the other side, close to the sea, is Royal Park. The cafes along the road have beautiful and romantic views of Ha Long Bay. The space is filled with the smell of the sea, creating a relaxing feeling for visitors. You can wander along the beach or sit for hours in a restaurant halfway up the pine hill to admire this world-famous natural heritage. You can also cross the bridge to Hon Gai to go to the seafood market and climb Bai Tho mountain.
- Sun World Ha Long Park: this can be said to be the largest entertainment complex in Ha Long that has just come into operation. The complex consists of 5 main areas: Dragon park, Cyclone park, Ba Deo amusement park, Sun World beach and Food & Shopping area. Enjoy the exciting experience of the Queen’s cable car and Sun World Sun Wheel, located in the Ba Deo amusement park. Reference price for adults: 300,000 VND/ticket, children from 1 meter – 1.3 meters: 200,000 VND/ticket, children under 1 meter free (The above price includes a full package for both cable car and ferris wheel). Sun and amusement park on Ba Deo hill).
Yen Tu relic area: Ha Long tourism is not only about the sea. If you like to go to temples to worship, you should visit Yen Tu relic site. This is a system of pagodas, temples, towers and ancient forests blending with the natural landscape, scattered from Do slope to Yen Tu mountain in gradually increasing height.
- Bai Chay Resort is a place not to be missed in Ha Long. With its location along the shore of Ha Long Bay, it is very suitable for swimming and resting. Or Co To Island with beautiful coral reefs, this place still retains its wild and peaceful features in the middle of busy Ha Long Bay.
To explore Ha Long with 2 days 1 night will make you excited and want to stay here more because the above places are not available, and there are many hotpots for you to explore.
Ha Long not only has beautiful landscapes, blue mountains and blue waters, but also has countless interesting activities in this heavenly coastal region. When traveling to Ha Long, according to the experience of many tourists, you should experience some interesting things that will make you extremely surprised and excited.
That includes typical fun activities such as:
- Kayaking: If you travel to Ha Long and do not experience the journey to explore the bay by Kayak, it will be a regret. Sitting on a small kayak, rowing the oars on the blue water while admiring the breathtaking natural scenery is a simple but equally interesting thing.
- Overnight on the cruise ship: the cruise ship on the bay is like a miniature hotel, also has a private room, with clean blankets, air conditioning, and a private bathroom. It’s interesting when you can relax right in your own room and open the window to see majestic mountains, schools of fish swimming, jellyfish curling right under the window and when night comes, you You can also go up on the deck to look at the stars and the sea at night.
- Explore beautiful caves: Ha Long Bay is considered by many tourists to be a watercolor painting of nature, endowed by the Creator with perfect beauty. And in that beautiful picture, in addition to water and rocks, this place is also famous for its beautiful and unique caves. Each cave in Ha Long Bay has an interesting name, arousing visitors’ curiosity to explore such as: Thien Cung cave, Sung Sot cave, Luon cave, Dau Go cave, Hanh cave,…
Take the 2-story bus cable car: the tower at the top of Bai Chay was built 188.8 m high, setting a record as the tallest tower in the world. The tower on Ba Deo hill is 133 m high. The cable car system has only 2 cabins, like a giant double-decker bus with a capacity of 230 people/cabin. Inside the large cabin there are seats, handles, and handrails for passengers. Surrounded by large glass windows help visitors see the entire Ha Long Bay from above.Floating on the picturesque blue water, watching a green Ha Long before your eyes will probably be the thing that stays deepest in the hearts of tourists.
Even though you only travel to Ha Long for 2 days and 1 night, don’t forget to buy souvenirs to give to friends, relatives or keep as souvenirs. So what should you buy and where to buy it?
According to the experience of many people, you should buy a few meaningful items such as:
- Dried squid: Large dried squid (6-7 squid/kg, squid length 30-35cm) costs about 700,000 VND/kg. Medium dried squid (8-9 pieces/kg, length about 20-25cm) costs about 600,000 VND/kg. Average dried squid (from 14 – 15 squid/kg) costs about 500,000 VND/kg.
- Squid patties: you should choose to buy from La Hien squid patties shop (Cai Dam market), Kim Thoa, Hoai Phuong stores (Ha Long 1 market),… The normal price is 330,000 – 400,000 VND/kg. Each kilogram of squid patties yields about 30 – 32 pieces.
- Popular souvenirs are items crafted from the shells of sea creatures and from coal. You can buy it at Hon Gai souvenir shop or at Ha Long night market, 200m from Thai Hung hotel. Meaningful souvenirs are those made from wood, inlaid with mother-of-pearl, pearls, shells, snails, etc.
Please remember to bargain hard! For children’s clothing and toys, the minimum price is about half, for fine arts goods, the price is about 2/3 of the initial price offered. It’s best to consult and bargain at many stores before deciding to buy, because the souvenir shops here are mostly similar in many items.